What’s New in OpenToonz¶
In this section you can find a list of Highlights in the latest release of OpenToonz; these may include New Features, Bug Fixes or Enhancements to already existent features. Here, you can also find links to past versions’ Release Notes, to keep track of OpenToonz development history throughout time.
- Vector Guided Drawing Controls panel and options.
- Stop-Motion panel & Canon DSLR Camera Capture support (Windows only).
- Toolbar: Now tool availability is Context Aware.
- Fill Tool: Can now be used in Raster Levels.
- Eraser Tool: Pencil Mode for Toonz Raster levels, also in Freehand and Polyline types.
- Xsheet/Timeline: Camera Column to see and edit animation keyframes.
- Xsheet/Timeline: Create Blank Drawing command.
- Playback: New Short Play command.
- Import/Export: XDTS File Support (Celsys and Toei Animation xsheet file format).
- Effects: Corridor Gradient Iwa.
- Effects: Spin Gradient Iwa.
- Motion Paths: Now can be created using the Geometry Tool.
- Shortcuts: New shortcuts for Next/Previous Keyframe commands.
- Viewer: Color settings for Viewer Background in Level editing mode.
- Cleanup: “None” line processing mode, for applying only autocenter/rotation/flipping.
- Palette Editor: Delete Unused Styles right-click command.
- Cache folder location & Clear Cache Command.
- Execute Toonz scripts from commandline.
- UI: New Help menu options Online Manual, What’s New, Community Forum and Report a Bug.
- UI: New Korean translation. (Initial version)
- Effects: Help in English and Spanish.
- OpenToonz Manual: New Spanish translation.
- UI: Updated/Reorganized Menus.
- File Browser: Double-click in Load Scene and Load Level dialogs to open files.
- Level Settings window: Now can act upon Multiple Selected levels.
- Startup Popup: Now Scenes are Saved on Creation.
- Effects: Added Swap Colors Button in Gradient effects.
- Read Only levels: Allow to Copy Selections from Read Only Levels.
- Read Only levels: PSD and FFmpeg-loaded levels are now Read Only.
- Function Editor: Hide Inbetween Values option in Spreadsheet mode.
- Function Editor: Step / Interpolation change for multiple selected Keyframes.
- Animate Tool: Precise control using Alt key.
- Brush Tool: Remember last brush preset used.
- Control Point Editor Tool: Make Control Points easier to select.
- Sound: Improved Sound Quality for Playback and Scrubbing. (Linux only)
- Brush Tool: Center mouse cursor on brush preview (for pixel-art work)
- Transparent QuickTime Output.
…and much more!
Please see the v1.4 Release Notes hosted in GitHub, for the full list of new features, enhancements and bug fixes.